The Agro Consortium currently consists of Ten (10) Insurance Companies offering Agriculture insurance covering crop and livestock risks. The participating insurers are APA; Gold Star Insurance; Lion Insurance; Phoenix Insurance; Jubilee Insurance; UAP Insurance; CIC General; First Insurance Company; National Insurance Company; and Pax Insurance). Entry is open to other insurance Companies.
The objective of Consortium
- Standardize premium rate cover for crop and livestock covered under the national scheme. Premium rates before subsidy ranged between 8-15%, but is now averaging 2.5% after the Government subsidy
- Standardize procedure for approval & settlement of subsidy & farmer claims
- Ensure that the same insurance products, terms and conditions are provided to participating farmers and all claims are settled in accordance with agreed and standard practices
- Consolidate technical and financial capacity essential to developing suitable products
- To ensure a cost-effective approach to product development, policy and claims handling.
Exceptional Services We Offer
With our insurance policies you can find coverage for a broad range of farms from small rural acreages to traditional production farms to the largest farms with commercial exposures. From drought index insurance to livestock insurance, we offer a variety of coverages.
Board of directors
The board of the Agro consortium consists of the executive officers of the consortium members.
Technical working committee
The technical working committee consists of 4 members of the Consortium and the Secretariat Technical Manager.
Agro Consortium Secretariat
This currently has 3 staff members; Technical manager, Consortium Officer and an Administrator