Multi-Peril Livestock Insurance.
How it works
Animals to be insured will be inspected by a veterinary officer to verify information provided in the proposal form. The animals found to be with good condition score will be tagged for identification after farm inspection and verification of the vaccination certificate.
What is covered?
Death of animal as a consequence of: Lightning, Flood, Rainstorm, Windstorm, Hailstorm, Snow, Hurricane, Earthquake, Landslides, Diseases, Inundation, Surgical Operation and Impact accidental damage by animals, trees or vehicles, aircraft, or motorized machinery.
The cover can be extended to cover fire and burglary of insured animals after farm inspection.
Basis of cover
The client has the option to insure;
- Expected Market value of the animals by end of the period of insurance
- How much is spent on raising the animal. (Input cost)
- 100% of the input loan facility obtained for animal production
It does NOT cover;
- Willful misconduct, feed poisoning, culling, infertility or impotence, prior diseases or accidents, famine and malnutrition, mysterious disappearances, poor production of animals like milk.
- Any claim arising due to disease contracted within 15 days from the date of commencement of insurance cover, unless such insurance is a continuous renewal without any break of a Policy that was in force.
Categorisation of farmers
|Classification||Livestock||Number of animals||Subsidy|
|Small scale farmers||Cattle||Less than 30 cows||50%|
|Pigs/Goats||Less than 50 animals||50%|
|Large scale farmers||Cattle||More than 30 cows||30%|
|Pigs/Goats||More than 50 animals||30%|
|High risk area farmers||Cattle||At least 20 beasts||80%|
Livestock Premium rates
Deductible: – In the event of loss a portion of the loss will be deducted from the amount of loss suffered, which is the uninsured portion of the risk.